The post holder will lead an Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) service compatible with modern standards.
The applicant will be expected to have specialist knowledge encompassing microbiology, immunology, and epidemiology, practices to prevent and control infection and decontamination principles. He/She will utilise management and leadership skills in co-ordinating and implementing a systematic approach to education on the prevention and control of infection. He /she will apply evidence based practice in implementing strategies to reduce the risk of infection amongst patients, staff and visitors based on national and EU guidelines. The post holder will utilise and partake in clinical research to promote best practice and work within the ethos of Beaumont Hospital as a centre of excellence.
To be considered a candidate must:
(i) have registration, or be eligible for registration in the General Nurse Division, and other divisions as relevant to the specific service, of the Register of Nurses and Midwives, as appropriate, maintained by the Nursing & Midwifery Board of
Ireland (Bord Altranais agus Cnaimhseachais na nEireann)
(ii) Have 7 years post registration nursing experience and 3 years nursing management experience at a minimum of CNM2 in an acute setting
(iii) Possess a post graduate qualification at not less than level 8 (QQI) in the area of Infection Control/ Infection Prevention.
(iv) Candidates must possess the requisite clinical, leadership, managerial and
administrative knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the office.
- Experience of middle/senior management in a complex organisation
- Have 7 years post registration nursing experience and 3 years nursing management experience at a minimum of CNM2 in an acute setting
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of managing multi-professional teams underpinned by formal training
- Successful operational management in a multi-professional environment
- Day-to-day people management including appraisal and objective setting, recruitment and retention
- Management of large complex budgets
- Operational planning and implementation including strategic planning and options appraisal
To apply or to discuss further please get in ciontact with Kevin Kelly- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Tel: +353 1 482 5425 Apply for job