Cpl Healthcare in partnership with our client, a Private Acute Hospital in Kilkenny are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing for an exciting role in a Private Hospital.
Purpose of the Post:
The successful candidate will work alongside the Director of Nursing to provide leadership and support to the nursing and multi-professional teams in an acute hospital setting ensuring the smooth running of the patient journey from the out-patient setting through to discharge.
The Assistant Director of Nursing’s role models service excellence which assures patient centered care. He/she participates in performance improvement, clinical governance and accreditation activities; maintains professional practice standards; and demonstrates leadership and management skills.
This role will manage the delivery of an efficient and effective nursing service to include Prevention and Control of Infection, Haemovigilance and other disciplines such as Cardiology and Respiratory Physiologists. It will also be involved in the flow of the patient at a level that will direct and lead continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
• Be registered, or eligible for registration in the General Division of the live Register of Nurses kept by NMBI.
• Must have three to five years’ experience in a Nurse Management capacity.
• A post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent.
• A commitment to continuous professional development and have a knowledge of the nursing models of care.
• A thorough knowledge of accreditation processes, experience working with JCI standards is advantageous.
• Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice and must have the ability to manage diverse issues on a daily basis.
• Have the ability to build and maintain working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, possessing excellent people, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate evidence-based decision making and work according to best practice.
• Demonstrate an in-depth awareness of HR policies and procedures.
• Have experience leading continuous improvement programmes and be able to demonstrate experience leading change.
To discuss further or for more information please get in contact for a confidential converstaion.
Phone: +353 1 4825425 Apply for job