Senior Audiologist - National Cochlear Implant Programme
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Audiologist to work in a key position with the National Cochlear Implant progam based in North Dublin city.
Since 1995 the National Cochlear Implant Programme has been high quality care for adults and children with severe to profound hearing loss.
The National Cochlear Implant Programme provides bilateral cochlear implantation for children in line with best international practice.
This is an opportunity to make an important contribution to the provision and development of the audiology services in a major teaching hospital.
The Senior Audiologist will provide a quality audiological service with clinical responsibility for performing and interpreting, a comprehensive range of audiological diagnostic and rehabilitative procedures with a high degree of autonomy for adults and children.
The Senior Audiologist, as part of an integrated team, undertakes complex scientific and clinical roles; analyses, interprets and compares investigative and clinical options and makes clinical judgments, involving facts or situations which impact on patients.
The duties of the role consist of:
- Work under the direct supervision and control of the Director of Cochlear Implant Programme
- Be responsible and accountable for provision of comprehensive audio (including diagnostic
- testing, hearing aid assessment/fitting/verification and where appropriate vestibular)
- diagnostic assessments, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of rehabilitative
- treatment/intervention programmes for service users according to national or where
- appropriate international standards.
- Be responsible for pre-operative cochlear implant assessments, information counselling, support and post operative rehabilitation.
- To programme cochlear implants including a number of manufacturers. The post holder will be involved in the maintenance of the devices.
Apply for job
For further information and a job spec, please call Brian Murray on 01 482 5352 or email email@example.com