Working as part of the nursing team, the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 will be assigned to manage resourcing and the delivery of service across the 60 bedded unit.
Responsibility includes the efficient management of resources, the rostering and deployment of nursing and nursing support staff, the assignment of work, monitoring the quality of staffs’ performance and collaborating with the practice development team in developing policies and guidelines.
The CNM 1 may also, as required, deputise for the CNM2.
- Deliver and as well as manage resident treatment and care to the highest professional standards, using an evidence based care planning approach to ensure that the physical, mental, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs of residents are met.
- Liaise and collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that high quality holistic care is provided to residents.
- Keep up to date with changing nursing policies, practices and innovations and contribute to, and support, on-going professional development and service development. Create a good learning environment by supporting open discussion.
- Provide a high level of professional leadership, demonstrating clinical competencies and expertise in nursing care. Display a sound knowledge of symptom management at all times both physically and mentally.
- Take an active part in delivery of care alongside staff.
- Participate in team meetings and family meetings on resident care as required.
- Provide support and supervision to the front-line staff where appropriate in order to assist them in their role. Act as a resource to nursing staff in person centred care planning and evaluations.
- Evaluate and manage the implementation of best practice policies and procedures.
- Ensure that each resident has individual and on-going assessments of need, implementing appropriate measures with time framed evaluations.
- Ensure compliance with legal and professional requirements and documentation
- Ensure compliance of all staff with medication incident reporting and facilitate learning of same.
- Take an active role in the audit cycle and follow up with Action Plans as required.
- Promote a relaxed and comfortable environment, which reflects Highfield Healthcare’s Statement of Purpose and Values.
- Create and promote effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Conduct all duties and communications in a professional, efficient and confidential manner.
- Foster and develop a spirit of teamwork.
- Maintain a high standard of work performance, attendance and punctuality.
- In collaboration with the CNM 2 manage all resources efficiently and effectively. Ensure that appropriate, accurate and concise records are maintained at all times including staff mandatory training records, planned/unplanned leave and duty rosters.
- Ensure self and all staff are familiar with, and adhere to, Highfield Healthcare policies/procedures, ensuring that they have been read and understood by staff and signed off on EPIC computerised system.
- Liaise closely with all other departments including Housekeeping, Catering and Maintenance with regard to residents and unit needs.
- Respond promptly to comments, complaints or issues raised by residents or their families and follow up on same.
Salary: €35,000.00 - €45,000.00
Working hours: 7 * 12 hour shifts per fortnight, including Day and Night duty.
- Be registered on the General Division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Have a min. of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Be flexible in relation to work pattern including availability to work day and night duty.
- Have a clear, open and friendly communication style with the ability to respond quickly and appropriately across a variety of situations.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to efficiently and effectively manage human resources
- Have proven clinical leadership, a clear commitment to person-centred care, mentoring ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Have fluent spoken and written English.
- A minimum of 3 years post registration experience in Care of the Elderly is desirable.
- Have successfully completed a management course or other relevant post registration course.
Starting date: December 2017 Apply for job