Purpose of the CNM2
The post of CNM2/PPIM will have a pivotal role in service planning, coordinating, and managing activity and resources within the residential and respite services. The main responsibilities are: quality assurance, resource management, staffing and staff development, facilitating communication and professional / clinical leadership.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage resident care and support to ensure the highest professional standards using evidence based, care & support planning approach.
- Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership in response to changing needs.
- Responsible for reporting to the Coordinator/Provider Nominee for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, delivery and review of resident care and support by all staff in the designated centers in consultation with the Person in Charge and where appropriate the staff
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to residents within the guidelines laid out by Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- The Manager will practice nursing according to:
- Professional Clinical Guidelines
- Local policies, protocols and guidelines attached to St Christopher’s Services CLG.
- Current legislation and 2013 Health Act Regulations
- Manage workload in accordance with the needs of the post.
- Participate in teams / meetings / committees as appropriate, communicate and work in co-operation with other team members
- Collaborate with residents, family, staff and other staff in the care and support planning and in the provision of support and advice.
Qualifications and/ or experience:
Each candidate must, at the latest date for receipt of completed applications for the post:
- Be registered in the Intellectual Disability Division and/or Mental Health Division and/orGeneral Division of the Register of Nurses & Midwives maintained by Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or be entitled to be so registered
- Have at least 5 years post registration experience of which 3 must be in the specialty area of Intellectual Disability
- Have the clinical, managerial and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development at the appropriate level
with at least degree level attained in education.
- Have an appropriate Health/Social Care Management Qualification at a minimum of QQI Level 6.
If you are interested in this role, send your CV to email@example.com
Apply for job