Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with our esteemed client, one of the largest independent healthcare providers of quality nursing home care in Ireland, are seeking to recruit a Director of Nursing (DON), for their modern nursing home located in West Cork.
This is a lovely 54 beds home in a fantastic west cork town which provides Full Time Residential, Respite, Convalescent and Palliative Care.
Residents have varying needs from specialist nursing support to general assistance with everyday living.
The director of nursing will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the delivery of a high standard of person centred care to residents within the home, by nursing and care staff. Ensuring that set standards and legislative requirements for resident care are attained and exceeded. Ensuring the development of policies, programmes and evidence-based practice are consistent with HIQA standards and standard policies within the nursing home.
- RGN on the general division of the NMBI.
- Minimum of 3 years elderly care nursing experience in the last 6 years.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience essential.
- Post- registration Management Qualification.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or related field desirable.
- Previous experience in a DON Role preferable.
- Excellent communication, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA requirements.
- Sound decision making ability and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
- Good appreciation of finance issues.
Further details available by contacting Kelley Walsh on + 353 91507519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Apply for job