Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the world's most beautiful natural environments. It is the smallest Australian state, with all the services and facilities of a big city in a relaxed and safe community setting. Short commutes with restaurants, beaches, and iconic at-home getaways within close proximity make for the perfect work life balance. Living here you will have the best of everything - career opportunities, an active and healthy Tasmanian way of life, space and a connected community.
Launceston is Tasmania’s second largest city, renowned for its food and wine culture and heritage architecture. It is a thriving centre for excellence and the gateway to the wonderful Tamar vineyards, bushwalking tracks and nearby mountain biking mecca of the northeast. Launceston hosts the beautiful Cataract Gorge complete with walking trails, rock climbing, the famous chairlift and swimming pool.
The Maternity Unit, Launceston General Hospital:
- The Launceston General Hospital (LGH) is the major referral hospital in Northern Tasmania.
- As a Registered Midwife you will be part of the team that delivers approximately 1,600 new born babies each year. With a 6 bed Birth Suite, 29 bed Maternity Unit and 9 bed Special Care Unit your work will be fast paced and very rewarding.
- You will have the opportunity to work in various models of midwifery care including ante-natal, birth and post-natal including community based post-natal care, Midwifery Group Practice and Team midwifery.
- Opportunities for career advancement and access to professional development.
Candidates must have:
- A degree/ diploma in midwifery
- Have AHPRA registration or are eligible for AHPRA registration
- Minimum of 3 years of experience recent acute experience in the above specialty area
- Fluent in English
- Strong clinical skills
Some of the benefits you can expect
- Excellent salary depending on experience
- Generous relocation package
- AHPRA and Visa processing guidance
- 186 Permanent Residency
If you are interested in this role, please contact Zoe Lawlor today -
Telephone: +35345907109 or +353874078773 Apply for job