Permanent Full Time Support Workers, Galway
Intellectual Disability Adult Services
Are you caring, imaginative, motivated and organised in nature?
If so a career as a Support Worker with our client’s Intellectual Disability service in Galway City and County may be for you.
In association with your client Cpl Healthcare seek to recruit Support Workers/Healthcare Assistants for an Adult Intellectual Disability Service in Galway city and county*.
Support Workers (Healthcare Assistants) have two main responsibilities:
- Assisting service users with all aspects of personal care including supporting individuals with their meals, personal hygiene and other related aspects of physical well-being.
- To assist service users with development of Individual Plan’s and the achievement of associate outcomes, and critically, to support individuals in participating in the ordinary everyday life of the community through inclusive and creative thinking.
- The successful candidate must have a good general education.
- A recognised qualification appropriate to the field of intellectual disability is an advantage.
- A full clean Driving Licence (Class B) or have a Test date booked in the coming week(s).
- Candidates must have a minimum of 12 months’ experience of working with individuals with an Intellectual Disability.
- The successful candidates will be required to work evenings, weekends, occasional split-shifts hours, bank holidays, day & night duty and occasional sleep-ins to meet service needs.
- Key personality traits include; caring, compassionate, empathic, confident, creative, initiative, imaginative, enthusiastic, positive, high energy, motivated, organised and a self-starter
- Remuneration as per HSE scales (section 39 organisation):
- €26,043 x 11 increments - €37,721 (Max) per annum.
- Long Service Increment (LSI) €38,438 per annum is payable after 3 years on the maximum of the scale.
- Additional payments will be made for weekends, public holidays and night duty when worked.
- Annual Leave: 22 days pro rata per annum.
- Career progression and education support
*Service Locations across Galway City and County include but are not limited to the following areas: Galway City (Ballybane, Knocknacarra, Salthill), and Galway County (Connemara, Ballinasloe, Loughrea, Athenry, Gort, Kilcolgan, Clarinbridge, Oranmore, Claregalway, Kinvara)
Apply in Confidence;
Catriona Kelly – Cpl Healthcare
Ph: +353 91507504
Apply for job