Cpl Healthcare, working in partnership with our client, who are a north Dublin Private Hospital, have a vacnancy for a Senior Respiratory Physiologist.
To ensure the provision of an efficient, reliable and quality respiratory and sleep testing service for requesting physicians and all patients attending the department. To supervise basic grade staff and student physiologists and assist the Head of Department to plan organise and implement the daily workflow of the respiratory department.
- Plan, organise and implement the daily flow of work under the direction of the Head of Department.
- Administer inhaled bronchodilators as necessary/required within the department for the relevant test.
- Assist the Head of Department in staff induction, supervise assigned staff and plan/delegate their workload in accordance with the needs of the department ensuring that all procedures are carried out professionally, accurately and safely.
- Perform the required respiratory function and sleep diagnostic test adhering to departmental policies, reporting and highlighting any abnormal or inconsistent results to the Head of Department and take corrective action if necessary.
- Prepare the patient for procedures eg. history taking, interpreting request forms, explaining procedure and reassuring patient and undertake education where necessary e.g. teaching patients how to use inhalers and CPAP education and troubleshooting.
- Record and compile results in an accurate and timely manner for reporting by medical staff.
- Calibrate and carry out routine and preventative maintenance and quality control of all equipment as required.
- Clean/disinfect/sterilise equipment according to manufacturers recommendations and in conjunction with infection control policies in the hospital.
- Maintain adequate and accurate patient files to facilitate efficient retrieval of previous and current test reports when required. Undertake clerical duties where appropriate e.g. filing reports, preparing statistics, making appointments, dealing with telephone queries etc
- Maintain stringent quality control management to ensure ongoing accurate reliable results and a safe laboratory environment for both staff and patients. To ensure hospital policies and procedures are adhered to as they affect the department.
- Maintain good communication and liaise effectively with all departments and relevant external organisations ensuring the delivery of a quality service.
- Ensure knowledge is updated and undertake continuing education as appropriate. Attend in service lectures eg fire training, CPR, manual handling and any other lectures/ seminars provided as required to maintain and improve knowledge and skills.
- Contribute as required to the development of the service, policies and procedures and clinical research in the laboratory.
- Assist in providing practical training for basic grade staff and respiratory students when assigned and to deliver talks on respiratory testing and physiology to medical, para-medical and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Assist the head of department to maximise the use of hospital resources within budget
- Comply with Health & Safety & Best Practice Regulations and ensure safe working practices.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required.
Possess the BSc in Clinical Measurement Science from Dublin Institute of Technology or equivalent as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS)
Possess the Certificate in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement (MPPM) from Dublin Institute of Technology or equivalent as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS)
Possess an equivalent relevant scientific qualification (Level 8) as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS)
- Ideally three years post qualification experience
- Must become fully engaged in the technical work of the department
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
Please send your CV to rachael.brennan@cplhealthcare to apply or call Rachael on 091 507527 for more information.
Apply for job