Social Care Manager Dublin
Social Care Manager required for residential childcare unit. The role will involve working with adolescents from 12 - 17 years approx.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation which works intensively with young people & their families through a clearly identified model of care, where reflective practice is at the core of all engagements.
Supported by a multi-disciplinary team, our client provide care and intensive therapeutic support to young people with presentations such as foster breakdown, challenging behaviours, suicidal ideation, and substance misuse.
- Managing a residential unit & be responsible for modelling & leading the development & promotion of professional social care & safety practice that delivers positive outcomes for young people & their families.
- Managing the care team with particular emphasis on placement plans & professional development.
- Providing leadership & guidance to the social care team.
- Ensuring health & safety are maintained at all times.
- Ensuring that social care & safety practice are delivered within a caring environment.
- Continuously improving social care practice through promoting a child-centred approach to both care staff & young people.
- Approximately 2 years + experience in a similar management role
- Achievement in managing professional staff
- Experience in, and demonstrated ability to empower others to achieve successful record in the delivery of care services to a high standard
- Good computing skills, including the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power point and web browsers)
- A sound knowledge and proven ability to interpret and apply legislation; e.g. The National Standards for Children's Residential Services, 2001, Children Act, 2001.
- A degree level qualification in Social Care is a requirement for this position
For further information on this fantastic opportunity, please forward an up to date copy of your C.V via the link provided.
For more information please call Daryl on 01 4825419.
Visit www.cplhealthcare.com for more Social Care jobs. Apply for job