COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER POST’S
2 x PERMANENT FULL TIME POST (169 hours per month – Nights only)
4 x PERMANENT PART TIME POST’S (150 hours per month)
2 x PERMANENT PART TIME POST’S (120 hours per month)
Commencing September 2017
We have some exciting new opportunities to progress your career within a new residential service opening in Co. Wicklow. We require caring, compassionate and motivated . Working hours will be variable including sleepovers, day shifts, during the week, weekends and unsociable hours. Applicants must be flexible to meet the requirements of the services. Applicants must demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to implement our ethos and values.
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications or foreign equivalent (validated by QQI) or be in the process of obtaining:
- QQI Level 7 in Social Studies
- QQI Level 7 in Social Care
- QQI Level 7 Applied Social Studies – Social Care
- QQI Level 7 in Training & Education – Supported Employment – Open Training College continuous learning.
- QQI Level 7 in Applied Social Studies (Disability) – Open Training College continuous learning.
Applicants must have:
- One year’s post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability
- Experience in supporting clients in all aspects of daily living.
- Experience of dealing with behaviours that challenge and with behavioural supports
- CPI experience
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- Experience of skills teaching in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence skills
- Experience in alternative communications
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- Experience of creative problem solving techniques
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Available to work over a seven-day work period and a variety of rostered shifts.
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive location vehicles .
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Experience of working with people on the Autism Spectrum
For an immediate interview please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
For more information please contact Alan on 01 482 5436 Apply for job