Social Worker - Housing Services, Co. Louth
Social Worker required for fixed term contract position with local authority housing service based in Co. Louth.
The main duties of the role will be to provide a generic social work service to tenants of a local authority housing service.
The role will involve working in partnership with families, individuals and groups experiencing disadvantage, social or emotional difficulties. Service users may include families and individuals, Travellers and other ethnic minorities, homeless people, older persons, those with mental health issues, physical and intellectual disabilities, alcohol and addiction issues.
The duties of the post will consist of :
- Providing assessment, counselling, advice and support as required;
- Providing, advice on housing and housing related options;
- Working as part of a team of Social Workers;
- Participating in providing a daily duty service and a weekly area clinic;
- Advising on repercussions which could follow from a breach of lettings agreement;
- Advising on budgeting and other household and family problems relating to management of tenancy;
Interested candidates are required to hold:
- A recognised qualification as a social worker
- Membership with CORU
- Post graduate experience as a social worker is a primary care setting is desirable
- Experience in inter-agency collaboration
- Access to a car and a full drivers licence
- Experience working marginalised groups in society
For a job description and further information, please email your c.v. to email@example.com or contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5352
Apply for job