Social Worker - Safeguarding, Co. Offaly
Social Worker required locum assignment role to a join a Safeguarding and Protection, Vulnerable Persons team in Co. Offaly.
The role will involve developing safeguarding plans within services for older people and people with disabilities.
The successful applicant will join an existing team and will work under the direction from the principal social worker.
The successful applicant will be required to work with all agencies, statutory, voluntary and private to ensure that the national policy for Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse [incorporating services for elder abuse and for persons with a disability] is implemented and adhered to in a consistent manner within the midlands region.
Interested candidates will be required to:
- Hold a recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Full registration with CORU
- Some post graduate experience ideally within a similar setting
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of experience in working in Older Persons Services, as relevant to the role.
- Promote the involvement of the service user in care planning, decision-making and service development.
- The ability to empathise with and treat others with dignity and respect.
- The ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions especially with regard to service user care.
- Hold a full drivers licence and access to a car
For a full job description and further information, please email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brian on 01 482 5352. Apply for job