The successful candidate will work with children and young people (0-18) with a range of complex needs in the Dublin area. This role will involve interdisciplinary team working and family-centred practice.
You will be responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and review of occupational therapy intervention programmes. They will provide Occupational Therapy services including assessment, intervention, programme planning, monitoring, consultation and/or onward referral services, as appropriate in each child’s case.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to develop and deliver client-centred, holistic care.
- Conduct assessments of children and young people with complex needs to identify areas of need and potential intervention.
- Develop and deliver intervention programmes to address the identified areas of need in accordance with the best practice guidelines.
- Monitor the progress of the intervention and make adjustments as required.
- Provide advice, support and training to families and carers, as well as other healthcare professionals, to facilitate the implementation of intervention programmes.
- Participate in the Assessment of Need (AON) process and conduct AON under the disability act.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all interventions provided and ensure all documentation meets professional and service standards.
- Keep up-to-date with best practice guidelines, relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- A recognised qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- CORU registration as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience working with children and young people with complex needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with fluency in English.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel to different locations as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a supportive and experienced interdisciplinary team in the delivery of high-quality care to children and young people with complex needs.
If you are interested in this role and meet the essential criteria, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Claudia for more information on +353872987057. Apply for job