Looking for Support Workers in Galway
Grad or Experienced
- HCA Qualification – FETAC 5/QQI
- Social Care Degree Holders – Level 7/8
- Trainee Nurses and/or other Trainee HC Professionals (Locum route)
- HCA (no specific Qual) 3 Months Experience in ID sector or Caring experience in a Nursing Home
Other candidate categories;
- Any Professional with a Good General education with 3 months ID experience AND Caring Nature
• Provide support to the project workers by following up on support plan actions, supporting the service user to achieve their goals.
• Provide care interventions, daily living skills support and accompanying service users to appointments.
• Deliver the Personal and Professional Development programme.
• Operate the Social Programme.
• The key responsibilities of this role will include providing:
- Daily carer activities including showering, incontinence support and toileting, laundry, cleaning, etc.
- Assistance in managing medication/health regimes and liaising with GP and Pharmacists, methadone providers, arranging doctors/healthcare appointments.
- Active harm reduction interventions to include harm reduction.
- Assistance with managing the deterioration of health.
- Accessing primary and secondary healthcare.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour.
- Assistance with basic living skills.
- Accommodation Charge management, coordination and accompanying to appointments, entitlements.
- Interpersonal skills development, dealing with relationships, family liaison and behavioural management issues.
- Maintaining security and safety within the building to include effective door management practices.
- Therapeutic and diversionary interventions providing emotional and motivational support, promoting positive mental health attitudes, self esteem and self-respect.
• Support the manager in the implementation of the strategic and operational action objectives. Taking responsibility for developing and implementing strategic and operational goals.
• Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of service users is prioritised at all times within services.
If you are interested send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +35391507519 or +353864117886 whats app or call mobile Apply for job