In partnership with its client, the Dublin Simon Community, Cpl Healthcare are looking for Support Workers to provide services at all stages of homelessness in the Dublin area.
• Provide support to the project workers by following up on support plan actions, supporting the service user to achieve their goals.
• Provide care interventions, daily living skills support and accompanying service users to appointments.
• Deliver the Personal and Professional Development programme.
• Operate the Social Programme.
• The key responsibilities of this role will include providing:
- Daily carer activities including showering, incontinence support and toileting, laundry, cleaning, etc.
- Assistance in managing medication/health regimes and liaising with GP and Pharmacists, methadone providers, arranging doctors/healthcare appointments.
- Active harm reduction interventions to include harm reduction, overdose prevention, stabilisation.
- Addressing impacts of dementia and confusion.
- Assistance with managing the deterioration of health.
- Accessing primary and secondary healthcare.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour.
- Assistance with basic living skills.
- Accommodation Charge management, coordination and accompanying to appointments, entitlements.
- Interpersonal skills development, dealing with relationships, family liaison and behavioural management issues.
- Maintaining security and safety within the building to include effective door management practices.
- Therapeutic and diversionary interventions providing emotional and motivational support, promoting positive mental health attitudes, self esteem and self-respect.
- Crisis and conflict management within the facility.
• Support the manager in the implementation of the strategic and operational action objectives. Taking responsibility for developing and implementing strategic and operational goals.
• Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of service users is prioritised at all times within services.
Relevant Social Care qualification e.g. Psychology, Social Studies etc.
Minimum 1 year experience in at least one of the following areas: challenging behaviour, homeless, dementia/alzheimers, children's homes etc.
Excellent level of English required
Salary €26,000 + 12% shift allowance - Approximately €29,200 in total
Working Hours - NIGHTS ONLY - 3 nights on 4 off - 4 nights on and 3 off.
Relocation package available - Relocation Flight up to €250, accommodation for 2 weeks, transfer from the airport
Start Date: April
To apply or for further information please contact Declan Duggan on +353 91 507523 or e-mail with your updated CV to email@example.com Apply for job