In partnership with their client, CPL Healthcare have an immediate vacancy for a theatre nurse in a busy Limerick Hospital, on a maternity leave contract (6 months cover, with a possibility of extension). Full time position, 39h/week.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
You will take responsibility for a caseload of patients in which you will assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. In addition, you will practice within the Code of Practice, Rules and Guidelines set out by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and comply with Policies and Procedures of the Hospital. You will be held responsible to the Clinical Nurse Manager and in her absence to the delegated nurse holding shift responsibility for the ward. At all times you will practice within the limits of your experience.
You possess a clear understanding and commitment to the ethos and philosophy of the Hospital.
The role of the Theatre Staff Nurse includes but is not limited to:
To maintain throughout the hospital an awareness of the primacy of patient in relation to all hospital activities and maintain a clear understanding of the importance of providing a quality and safe service to all patients.
Creating and promote healthy working relationships.
Demonstrating behaviour consistent with the values of the Hospital.
Ensuring that each patient is treated as an individual and that privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
Reporting concerns for the safety and welfare of patients.
Actively participating in the hospital’s Accreditation programme and the ethos of Continuous Quality Improvement.
Ensuring that all policies and procedures identified by the hospital as being relevant to the position have been read, acknowledged, implemented and adhered to.
To be considered eligible interested applicants must:
- Be a Registered Nurse and eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland on the General Division of the live register.
- Minimum of 1 year Theatre experience.
- A recognised Theatre Course is desirable, not essential
- Experience in Orthopaedic Theatre required
- Have managed patient care ensuring the highest professional standards using evidence based and care planning approach.
- Be computer literate.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be available to attend a face to face interview (adaptation not provided at this time)
For further information please contact Declan Duggan +353 91 507523 or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Apply for job