NMC Registration Changes – Deadline 18th January – Our Support and Advice for you
As many of you may already know the NMC is introducing new language requirements for EU Nurses and Midwives. This is coming into effect from the 18th of January 2016. Time is running out but, don’t worry, Cpl Healthcare are here to support you and keep you informed throughout the process.
What this means for you, the nurse?
- EU nurses will need to demonstrate their ability to communicate safely and effectively in English from January 2016
- You will have to demonstrate that you have achieved the required scores in the academic version of the IELTS test, which will be a minimum overall score of 7.0 and at least 7.0 in each of the four areas. For information on how to apply : http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/how_do_i_register/how_do_i_register.aspx
But nurses, don’t panic!! Cpl Healthcare are here to support you throughout the process. NHS Hospitals are still seeking EU Trained Nurses and are still holding interviews, business as usual here at Cpl Healthcare.
- To avoid this Exam we advise you to start the NMC registration straight away, before January 18th 2016.
- From January 18th 2016 if you don’t meet the language requirements it will be necessary to sit the IELTS Exam in order to get your NMC registration. Cpl Healthcare is more them happy to advise you through this process and the next steps you will need to follow. Please contact us for further information!
How to Apply for the NMC Today:
You should apply for your NMC Registration pack today, if you have not done so already. This is the first step in the right direction and this can be done via : https://forms.nmc-uk.org/Forms/eurequest
Remember it is free to apply for the application pack! However it can take 7-10 working days for it to be delivered so waste no time and apply now.
What is the IELTS you may ask?
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System is designed to assess English proficiency who need to study or work where English is used as the language of communication. IELTS Is the most popular high stakes English language test for study and work abroad.
- Test overview In IELTS, there are four papers: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. There are two different IELTS modules: Academic and General Training. The Speaking and Listening tests are the same in both modules, but the Reading and Writing tests are different. Please choose the Academic module if you wish to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels, or if you are seeking professional registration, e.g. doctors and nurses.
- How can I take the test? Contact Cpl Healthcare for further information OR contact your local British Council Office for the procedures involved towards IELTS.
What you should do right now?
Please contact Cpl Healthcare, we are available to answer any of your queries and support you in your UK job applications.
Feel free to contact our international members in English or in your native language at email@example.com Or Directly on;
- Victoria Berzosa for Spain firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liliana Oliveira for Portugal email@example.com
- Michela Carmagnani for Italy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonia Tzaferi for Greece email@example.com
- Gabriela Hustiuc for Romania Gabriela.firstname.lastname@example.org
IELTS Resources and Useful Links:
There are also plenty of really useful resources and information available online to help you:
- IELTS PORTUGAL: https://www.britishcouncil.pt/ielts
- IELTS SPAIN: https://www.britishcouncil.es/examenes/ielts
- IELTS ITALY: https://www.britishcouncil.it/esami/ielts
- IELTS ROMANIAN: https://www.britishcouncil.ro/en/exam/ielts
- IELTS GREECE: https://www.britishcouncil.gr/en/exam/ielts
- British Council: IELTS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCIELTS
- Free Practice Tests for learners of English: http://www.examenglish.com/
- IELTS Exam Tips:http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts-tips.htm
- IELTS Articles:http://ieltslearningtips.com/blog/
- IELTS band scores: http://www.ielts.org/institutions/test_format_and_results/ielts_band_scores.aspx